At the public meeting you can meet researchers from Ilisimatusarfik and the Royal Danish Defence College. They will do short presentations about the new positioning of the super powers in the Arctic and its implications for Greenland and its people. After introductory presentations, the floor will be open for debate and questions.
The event is open to all - students, citizens and the press.
Registration is not necessary. The event will be in Danish, with interpretation into Greenlandic. Coffee and cake will be served.
- When: Wednesday 16 March at 17.00 - 19.00
- Where: Katuaq (Hans Lynge)
Welcome and introduction to the public meeting.
Ambassador Michael Zilmer-Johns, head of the Danish Government's Security Policy Analysis Group.
- Sara Olsvig (Ilisimatusarfik)
- Camilla Sørensen (Royal Danish Defence College)
- Peter Viggo Jakobsen (Royal Danish Defence College)
- Jeppe Strandsbjerg (Royal Danish Defence College / Ilisimatusarfik)
- Jørgen Staun (Royal Danish Defence College)
Moderator: Rasmus Leander (Nasiffik / Ilisimatusarfik) & Henrik Gram Pedersen (CAS / Royal Danish Defence College).
Discover more here.