Every year, the public is invited to nominate candidates. Citizens from any country in the world are eligible to nominate candidates for the prize and to win the prize. You may nominate an individual, a company or an organization that meets at least one of the criteria below.
There is no requirement that the nominee is from the Arctic or resides in the Arctic; the intention of the Award is to highlight the efforts of a person or an organization whose work has a positive impact in the circumpolar north. Self-nominations are also accepted.
Submit your candidate using the form at the end of this article. The nomination period closes February 20, 2022.
The nominee must have contributed to an achievement that fulfills at least one of the following criteria:
- The nominee has significantly contributed to business development, societal development, growth, or employment in the High North
- The nominee has significantly contributed to new knowledge about the High North
- The nominee is innovative and uses innovative methods to create multilateral cooperation in the High North
- The nominee’s contribution is internationally oriented while also having significant local impact
- The nominee contributes significantly to the promotion of the High North, nationally as well as internationally
An international committee will decide and announce the winner during the High North Dialogue 2022 conference April 8th in Bodø, Norway.
Award and comittee
The prize consists of a diploma and 50 000 NOK (equivalent to approximately USD 5 500).
The following international committee will decide and announce the winner:
- Executive Director Anu Fredrikson, Arctic Frontiers
- Professor Laurence C. Smith, Brown University, USA
- Project Manager, Knut Harald Nygård, Equinor
- Professor Indra Øverland, NUPI, Norway
- Rector Elena Vladimirovna Kudryashova, NArFU, Arkhangelsk, Russia
- Vice-President Interregional cooperation, University of the Arctic, Marina Kalinina
- Director Sergej Vasiliev, MGIMO University, Moscow, Russia
- Editor in Chief, Arne O Holm, High North News, Norway
The nomination form can be found here.