The project is thematically focused on changing Arctic from the perspective of the Russia`s State Program on the Arctic Zone Development and the Adapting to Change UK policy towards the Arctic.
The final project event will include panel discussion on multidisciplinary research and education in the North and five sessions on following topics:
- Coastal and marine biology, arctic ecosystems biodiversity
- Climate change, environmental and social impact assessment, mitigation and adaptation strategies
- Rural health and wellbeing in the North, new health care technologies
- History, archaeology and cultural geography of Arctic and Subarctic coastal regions
- Anthropology in the North: traditional population and indigenous peoples in urban and rural areas
The conference programme also includes visits to local museums and evening cultural events.
To participate in the conference please fill in the registration form and send it to the UArctic Research Office to Marina Kalinina, firstname.lastname@example.org and Olga Klisheva, email@example.com.
Registration is open until February, 10th.