The 6th IPTRN conference - Creative Forces in the Polar Regions: Cultures, Economies, Innovation, and Change in Tourism is now accepting abstract submissions for next year’s conference in Yukon Territory, Canada running from 22nd through 28th June, 2018.
While the conference has a specific focus, abstracts that examine any aspects of polar tourism are welcome. The conference invites papers that examine:
- Culture and cultural tourism, including policy;
- Parks, protected areas and cultural tourism;
- Winter tourism and cold weather cultures: attractions, visitors, opportunities and challenges;
- Indigenous culture and tourism;
- Community interactions with polar tourists;
- An inclusive Arctic – the role of arts, culture and tourism for demographic diversity (e.g., ethnic groups, the LGBTQ community);
- Economic geographies of and innovation in polar tourism;
- The social and cultural construction of touristic polar places and spaces.
To learn more about the conference and the call for abstracts, click here.
For a PDF version, click here.