Arctic State Institute of Culture and Art - AGIKI is the only higher education institution in the field of art and culture in the Russian Arctic.
- Positively contribute to the preservation and development of cultural and artistic potential of the Arctic communities and the region as a whole.
WHO WE ARE: FACTS & FIGURES
- Situated in the world’s coldest city
- Founded on January 17, 2000
- Leading culture and arts institute in Russia’s Arctic
- Combining academic and traditional arts in our curriculum
- Degree programs in Design and Applied Arts, Fine Art, Performing Arts, Folk and Traditional Arts, Art Education.
- Postgraduate programs in Music and Cultural Studies.
- Internship and traineeship opportunities.
- Emphasis on the Arctic and Indigenous issues.
- Department of Folk and Traditional Arts
- Department of Fine Arts
- Department of Design and Applied Arts
- Department of Art History
- Department of Theater Arts
- Department of Musical Arts
- Department of Social and Cultural Management
- Department of Library and Information Studies
- Department of Information Technology
Facts and figures
|Total Number of Staff||109|
|Number of Academic Staff||67|
|Number of Students||772|
OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Web link for international students||http://agiki.ru/en|
|Fields of Study Offered||Teaching and training
Training for teachers with subject specialisation
Training for teachers of vocational subjects
Music and performing arts
Audio-visual techniques and media production
Sociology and cultural studies
Library, information, archive
Management and administration
Textiles, clothes, footwear, leather
Architecture and town planning
Travel, tourism and leisure