The University was founded in 2007 as one of ten Federal Universities in Russia by merging five major Krasnoyarsk institutions of higher education. Today the University consists of 20 schools, over 31,000 students and more than 2,090 faculty members, mostly doctors and candidates of science (Ph.D.).
Students from Russia and other countries study at the University. SibFU maintains joint academic and research programs with European, Asian and American partners. In the framework of various educational and cultural exchange programs, hundreds of international students visit SibFU.
The University pays much attention to the combination of teaching and research/innovation providing well-equipped laboratories and other facilities for doing research and practical internships.
To foster internalization and competitiveness SibFU has been a part of the Russian Academic Excellence Initiative 5-100 since 2015. 21 leading Russian universities are involved in the project.
In 2019 Krasnoyarsk city hosts the XXVIII World Winter Universiade and the Athletes’ Village is located at the SibFU campus with modern living premises, sports facilities, medical center, etc.
Metallurgy of Non-Ferrous Metals
Multidimensional Complex Analysis
Optics and Quantum Chemistry
Urban Design and Planning
Ethnic and Cultural (Siberian Arctic) Studies
Mechanics of Liquids, gas, and plasma
Environmental and Resource Economics
Electrotechnology in metallurgy
Facts and figures
|Total Number of Staff||4387|
|Number of Academic Staff||2090|
|Number of Students||31000|
Chemistry of new materials and materials science
Biogeochemistry of ecosystems, climate changes
Natural resource and environmental studies
Forestry, Dendrochronology, Tree-ring analysis and modeling
Geological survey, Geotechnology
Information and communication technologies
Multidimensional complex analysis and differential equations
Sustainable urban development in harsh climate
Architecture, urban construction
Contemporary issues of indigenous minorities of the North and Siberia
|Web link for international students||http://www.sfu-kras.ru/en/|
- Master Bilogical Engineering
- Master Dendrochronology and Tree-Ring Research
- Master Petroleum Chemistry and Refining
- PhD Archeology
- PhD Hydrobiology
- PhD Ecology
- PhD Environmental and Resource Economics
- Master Technosphere Safety in the High North and Arctic Regions
- PhD Ethnic and Cultural (Siberian Arctic) Studies
- Bachelor Master International Summer School “Modern Challenges in Economic Science and Practice”
- Master PhD Other International Summer School “Monitoring and early warnings in biodiversity governance”
- Bachelor Master International Summer School 2015 “Modern Challenges in Economic Science and Practice”