The Austrian Polar Research Institute (APRI) is a research consortium that promotes and coordinates research and education in the area of polar sciences at the participating organisations. APRI currently comprises researchers from the University of Vienna, the University of Innsbruck, the University of Graz and the Central Institute of Meteorology and Geodynamics.
The Austrian Polar Research Institute involves 16 research groups, including about 50 scientists in one of the three research areas: Cryosphere & Climate, Polar Ecology, and Social and Cultural Systems.
The main goals of the institute are to:
- Facilitate cooperation and enhance synergies in polar research in Austria
- Foster international cooperation in polar research and represent Austria’s polar research community in scientific organisations
- Initiate, develop and support interdisciplinary research at the national and international level
- Support early-career scientist in polar research
- Increase the visibility of Austria in polar research and encourage dialogue of polar scientists with the public
Facts and figures
|Total Number of Staff||17|
|Number of Academic Staff||16|