UWestfjords offers international, integrated master's programmes in Coastal and Marine Management, in Marine Innovation and Regional Development, in cooperation with University of Akureyri. These programmes are organised in modules and are taught in English by an international body of instructors, many of which from other UArctic institutions.
UWestfjords also arranges every year a variety of summer schools and field schools. Moreover, UWestfjords is a hub of academic learning for Westfjords residents, it offers services for students, field schools and researchers coming to the region and might be your starting point for getting in contact with researchers in the region.
UWestfjords is one of UArctic's smallest institutions providing higher education programmes. It is located at 66N in Iceland's remote Westfjords region and offers a cool climate and a warm welcome.
Facts and figures
|Total Number of Staff||9|
|Number of Academic Staff||25|
|Number of Students||150|
|Fields of Study Offered||Humanities (broad programmes)
Social and behavioural science (broad programmes)
Business and administration (broad programmes)
Architecture and town planning
Agriculture, forestry and fishery (broad programmes)
Environmental protection (broad programmes)
Latest programsAll programs
- Master Welfare and Development: Concepts and Indicators
- Master The Global Context
- Master Sustainable Aquaculture
- Master Sociology of Rural and Remote Communities
- Master Regional and Rural Economies
- Master Pollution in the Coastal Arctic
- Master Physical Processes of Coastal and Marine Environments
- Master Outlook to the Future: Coastal Arctic Scenarios
- Master Oceanography
- Master Navigation, Shipping and Offshore Activities in the Arctic