This international course welcomes participants to take a unique insight into a variety of aspects of marine invertebrates’ biodiversity. This course has been specifically designed on the basis on long-term experience to meet emerging challenges of modern life sciences.
The in-campus intro provides a quick dive into the topic and all the necessary basic knowledge. The fieldwork on the White Sea is a core part of the course. By entering this adventure you will:
- obtain deep understanding of current views on Tree of Life and invertebrates’ evolution;
- build solid knowledge of invertebrate biodiversity, from phyla to species level;
- understand how marine communities are structured and function;
- master various methods related to sample collection, processing and analysis;
specifically focus on invertebrate fauna in Arctic seas through fieldwork on the White Sea;
- learn from experienced instructors with extensive scientific and educational expertise;
- gain additional competitive advantage for future career;
- visit one of the oldest zoology departments located in the beautiful city of St Petersburg.
|Academic level(s)||Master, PhD, Other|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Institution||St. Petersburg University|
|Fields of study||Basic/broad, general programmesBiology and biochemistry|
|Teaching place||St. Petersberg, RU|