Media Education aims to develop profound media competences, literacy and multiliteracies through three themes: 1. Media in teaching and learning 2. Media in society 3. Media and psychosocial well-being.
1. When exploring the theme "Media in teaching and learning", you will learn how media and information and communication technology (ICT) can be used in teaching and learning in a pedagogically appropriate manner.
2. The theme "Media in society" introduces you to the role of media in society and the historical and philosophical foundations of critical media education.
3. The theme "Media and psychosocial well-being" introduces you to the roles of media in the psychosocial well-being of individuals and communities, especially from the viewpoints of emotional and cognitive processes, behaviour, identity, social relations, and sense of community.
The Master’s degree in Media Education will open up career paths for you as an expert in a variety of fields, for example:
• educational planning (e.g. online learning)
• adult education
• policy making & supervision
• public communications
• project management
• academic research
Your future employers could include e.g. media companies, municipal or local governments, educational institutions, civic organizations, and private entrepreneurs.
|Language of instruction||English>|
|Institution||University of Lapland|
|Fields of study||Education science|