Doctoral students will be involved in research projects at the Laboratory of Scientific Methods in Archeology and History under the supervision of the laboratory head Dr. Vladimir S. Myglan. Alternatively, they will conduct research at the Laboratory of Archeology, Ethnography, and History of Siberia under the supervision of the laboratory head Dr. Pavel V. Mandryka.
Research can be focused on:
- tree-ring dating of archeological and historical monuments (complex analysis of dendrochronological, historical and architectural methods);
- blue-intensity method (dendrochronological method);
- climate and societal change (complex analysis of dendrochronological, geological and historical methods);
- ancient and Medieval cultures of Eurasia: interaction problems;
- methods of paleoecology research in archeology;
- any interesting topic the candidate may propose related to a topic discussed in 1-5.
Target audience: students with a Master degree in Archeology, Art, Architecture, Forestry or Ecology.
|Language of instruction||English>|
|Institution||Siberian Federal University|
|Fields of study||History and archaeology|