Research may be focused on the following aspects of hydrobiology:
- Exploring trophic relations within aquatic systems and between aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems using biomarkers, such as fatty acids (including polyunsaturated fatty acids) and amino acids;
- Tracing trophic webs in aquatic ecosystems using stable isotopes;
- Studying aquatic ecosystems productivity (primary production is evaluated using chlorophyll fluorescence techniques);
- Fatty acids including polyunsaturated fatty acids in human diet (fatty acids are analyzed using the gas chromatography — mass spectrometry GC-MS);
- Biodiversity, bioindication, and biotesting in surface waters.
Target audience: students with a Master’s degree in Вiology, Ecology or Biophysics