Increase of the oil and gas production efficiency, especially in complex deposits, is an increase of development well rates and injective capacity of wells. This result can be reached through the use of geosteering technology due to the optimal location of the wellbore in production zone in terms of resource exploitation.
Geosteering is the science of positioning a wellbore in the rock strata in the process of drilling, in regard of navigational, technological and geophysical information obtained in real time.
Geosteering is dynamically developing, and specialists of this sphere are extremely in demand. To date, there are very few of them, not only in Russia, but also abroad. They are highly appreciated and their work is well paid. The geosteering application scope in other industries is expanding, so the demand for such specialists will constantly grow.
What will you learn?
- to plan the location of wellbores in productive layers;
- to calculate the trajectories of the planned wells;
- to control well trajectory;
- to control drilling modes;
- to correct layer models basing on geophysical survey data during drilling process;
- to position of wellbores with regard to corrected layer models as well as technical and technological limitations of drilling process;
- to form final formation models basing on drilling results
- Well Drilling
- Rock Mechanics
- Geology & Geophysics
- Leading scientists and experts in the oil & gas sector
- International scientists and experts teaching in English
- Computer simulators allowing to control the well construction process
- Industrial placements
Leading Russian and foreign oil & gas companies: Rosneft, Gazprom, Gazprom Neft, Lukoil, Surgutneftegaz, Novatek, BP, Total, Shell, Schlumberger, Halliburton, Baker Hughes, Weatherford, etc.
Start date: 1.9.2017
Application available: from 15.5.2017 till 30.7.2017
Yury Vaganov, associate professor, PhD
Head of Oil and Gas Wells Drilling Chair
Tyumen, ul. Melnikayte, 70, of. 1310
Tel.: +7 (3452) 390363