As parts of a specialization in Greenlandic Health and environment of the Arctic, five courses on Arctic subjects are offered by the during the 3rd and 4th quarters 2016. Apply by May 1, 2016.
The program will consist of five courses on health and environment which will be offered by the UArctic partners: University of Greenland (UoG), Aarhus University (AU), and Greenland Institute of Natural Resources (GINR) in autumn 2016 in Nuuk, and hosted by University of Greenland as well as the Greenland institute of Natural Resources. The course package is aimed at students with a background in health science and natural sciences.
Courses will take place in Nuuk, Greenland:
- Health Science in Greenland, Health Service Research & Telemedicine and Ethics in small populations.10 ECTS Nordic Language
- Arctic Environmental Medicine: Reproduction and Cancer and Risk Assessment 5 ECTS English
- Long range transport of contaminants to the Arctic 5 ECTS English
- Mineral resources in the Arctic: Environmental impacts and technologies -web. 5 ECTS english
- Project training 5 ECTS English or Nordic
In order to facilitate the incorporation of the students in a master program we offer a full semester of minimum 30 ECTS. This way the student will not have to supplement with courses at their home university in order to fulfil the 30 ECTS demand for a semester. The program suggested here will also provide the option of choosing between different courses.
A limited number of spaces are available in the program; to apply, please send a motivational application to Health@uni.gl.
Deadline May 1, 2016
The program is an activity of the UArctic Thematic Network on Health and Well-being in the Arctic.
|Language of instruction||Danish,English>|
|Institution||Ilisimatusarfik / University of Greenland|
|Fields of study||Environmental scienceHealth (others)|