The Arctic preservation and global environmental issues have become high on the agenda. Demand has grown for professionals with deep expertise in understanding and evaluating risks of the Arctic development, able to employ scientific and practical methods of managing environmental risks.
This MSc programme provides graduates with a deep understanding of the principal tools, techniques and management concepts to respond to environmental risks and make decisions on a local and national level.
Duration: 2 years
Workload: 120 ECTS
- Module A - Basic Module (5 ECTS)
- Module B - Mathematical and instrumental methods in ecology and environmental management (15 ECTS)
- Module C: Environmental Law (10 ECTS)
- Module D: Environmental monitoring (15 ECTS)
- Module E: Environmental management and nature protection (15 ECTS)
- Module F1: Risk Management (15 ECTS)
- Module G1: Clean production technologies (15 ECTS)
- Module F2: International emergency preparedness and environmental protection in the High North (10 ECTS) — UiT
- Module G2: Safety and risk analysis (10 ECTS) — UiT
- Module H: Academic writing (10 ECTS) — UiT
- Science research includes work on and defense of Master’s thesis — 30 ECTS
The program provides an opportunity for exchange studies at UiT — the Arctic University of Norway in the 3rd semester with pre-approved courses:
- Module F2: International emergency preparedness and environmental protection in the High North (10 ECTS)
- Module G2: Safety and risk analysis (10 ECTS)
- Module H: Academic writing (10 ECTS)
Students will also benefit from interdisciplinary approach in environmental risks management having access to NArFU Arctic research centres and high-performance computing laboratories.
- Master’s Diploma by Northern (Arctic) Federal University
- European Diploma Supplement
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or Specialist Diploma
- English proficiency (B2)
The MSc ERMA programme is designed to provide a qualification that will improve your career prospects, whether you plan to progress into academic research or whether you wish to embark on a career in the business sector or with a governmental or a non-governmental body where knowledge, competencies and skills of natural resources utilization and environmental research will be important.
|Language of instruction||English>|
|Institution||Northern (Arctic) Federal University|
|Fields of study||Environmental scienceEnvironmental protection (others)|
|Tags||ecologyenvironmentrisksenvironmental managementrisk management|