The major in circumpolar studies, minimum 90 ECTS, can be combined with any other major or electives of 90 ECTS. We strongly advise students to use electives to develop a secondary major, which will provide better opportunities for admission to Master degree studies within the UArtcic network.
The major in Circumpolar studies consists of 4 introductory courses (60 ECTS) and 3 advanced courses (30 ECTS). The following main courses are all available on-line:
- BCS105X An Introduction to the Humanities and to the Circumpolar World (15 ECTS)
- BCS115X Land and Environment of the Circumpolar World I and II (15 ECTS)
- BCS125X Peoples and Cultures of the Circumpolar World I and II (15 ECTS)
- BCS135X Contemporary Issues of the Circumpolar World I and II (15 ECTS)
The advanced courses at Nord University are:
- SA210S Nordic Politics, 10 ECTS
- SA212S Nordic Societies, 10 ECTS
- SA218S History, Politics and Northern resources, 10 ECTS
These are available to take on-line or on campus.
The remaining 90 ECTS of elective courses can be taken at Nord University or at another educational institution. Courses taken at other institutions needs to be recognized, or pre-recognized, by Nord University. Note that Nord University don't offer all the remaining 90 ECTS of electives online or as distance learning.
International candidates who wish to complete the full degree at Nord should plan to move to Norway in the second year, in order to take courses delivered on-site. The faculty can adjust the programme structure to enable international students to take year 3 entirely online.
|Language of instruction||English>|
|Fields of study||Basic/broad, general programmes|