Green Care is a multidisciplinary field combining the areas of social services sector as well as rural industries. By utilizing the northern nature diversely businesses and public sector professionals can provide unique services to their customers.
In the field of Green Care many different methods of animal and nature assistance are used in accordance with the skill of the art. These include, but are not limited to, riding therapy, garden therapy and practice, socio-pedagogical equine practice, or methods of ecopsychology.
After completing this course you will
- understand the concept of Green Care
- recognize the parts of self-regulation in green care and recognize the legislation related to this sector
- know the importance of green care as a part of human wellbeing
- learn about green care activities in Finland (as an example from the northern area)
- get skills to utilize green care in services for various clients
- are able to assess how well animals and environment fits in green care activities
- are able to consider the welfare of the animals used in green care activities
- get skills to plan green care activities
- are aware of the quality factors and the criteria in green care activities on your own study field
- are able to define his/her own relationship with nature and recognize various factors affecting the formation of the relationship with nature
- are able to respect various nature relationships and take their effects into consideration
- Concepts of Green Care, basic elements and activities
- Experiential Green Care, safety and responsibilities
- Community spirit, effects on wellbeing, collaboration
- Getting to know Green Care actors
- Planning Green Care activities and
- Green Care quality labels.
|Language of instruction||English|
|Institution||Savonia University of Applied Sciences|
|Fields of study||Agriculture, forestry and fishery (broad programmes)Social services (broad programmes)|