Learning about different features of road and railway engineering.
- A historical review of the road and railway development.
- Overview of the road and railway system and the working processes connected to the different stages of the construction life-cycle.
- The subgrade influence of the superstructure design.
- Frost action effect and prediction on road and railway structures.
- Structural design of road and railway’s focusing on the embankment.
- Superstructure materials, e.g. unbound aggregates, pavement materials and rails.
- Design procedures in superstructure design and international examples on stress-strain approaches on design.
- Maintenance and rehabilitation of infrastructure.
- Road and railway specific field test methods such as FWD, DCP and static plate load test.
- National perspective on Best Practice.
- Life-cycle costing aspects.
|Language of instruction||English|
|Institution||Luleå University of Technology|
|Fields of study||Architecture and town planningBuilding and civil engineering|