The Arctic Centre at Umeå University is a connectivity hub for arctic transdisciplinary research and education, where we gather both new and established researchers with an arctic context to their research. We make this happen through our Arctic Graduate School for doctoral students, and by creating a network of and for associated researchers. We coordinate these researchers, organize collaborative activities and work toward a better collaboration between researchers and society.
Currently, Arctic Centre's mission is to:
- create open meeting places for researchers, teachers and students at the university with the aim of developing research and education in the Arctic field,
- develop and maintain national and international networks and collaborations in Arctic research and education;
- arrange seminars and conferences on research and education relevant to Arctic communities,
- host the faculty-wide Arctic Graduate School with a focus on sustainable development at Umeå University,
- strive to develop and support scientific publishing in Arctic research areas at Umeå University, and
- collaborate with the surrounding society and participate in public debates.
|Infrastructure type||Research centre/institute|
|Disciplines||Language and literature
History and archaeology
Sociology and cultural studies
Political science and civics
Biology and biochemistry
forestry and fishery
Health and medicine
Natural environments and wildlife
|Language of operation||Swedish
Available for both internal and external users.
Lena Maria Nilsson
Phone: +46 90 7865435
Linda Lundmark, Head of the Arctic Graduate School
Phone: +46 90 7866360