The conference will focus on contribution of librarians and archivists to the sharing of northern and polar cultures and knowledge. The event will be an excellent opportunity to:
- Bring together specialists in northern and polar information, from more than 15 different countries.
- Highlight the unique expertise of librarians and archivists in this field through stimulating presentations.
- Showcase the work of renowned researchers in northern or arctic studies.
- Address the issue of metadata decolonization in a special workshop.
- Introduce participants to the culture of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal of northern Quebec .
- Make you discover:
- The beautiful Old Quebec (a UNESCO World Heritage treasure)
- The Montmorency Forest (the largest research forest in the world)
- The magnificent Charlevoix area (one of the most beautiful holiday regions in Quebec)
We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, please visit the 28th Polar Libraries Colloquy website.
All participants and presenters must register for the conference and pay the registration fee.
Conference registration fee (taxes and administration fee included)
• $CAD 745 until April 15, 2022
• $CAD 795 after April 15, 2022
• $CAD 350 for two-day registration
• $CAD 200 for single day registration
Participants are encouraged to register as early as possible in order to benefit from lower registration fees and cheaper flight costs.
The PLC Steering Committee may be able to provide financial assistance via the Hubert Wenger Award.
The registration fee includes:
• Conference materials
• Ice-breaker Party on Sunday June 5
• Admission to all sessions
• Lunches and coffee/tea during breaks mentioned on the programme
• Whole-day excursion to Montmorency Forest and Old Quebec on Wednesday, June 8
• Banquet at Musée National des Beaux-Arts du Québec on Thursday, June 9
For people who register for only a part of the conference, the Ice-breaker Party is included but the Banquet is not (a separate Banquet fee of $CAD 175 applies). Please note that advanced registration is required for all social events.