Together with Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK) – of which Tampere University is the majority owner – Tampere University forms a new higher education community whose areas of focus are technology, health and society. The higher education community has approximately 30,000 students and employs nearly 5,000 people.
The new university has three campuses in Tampere: in the city centre, Hervanta and Kauppi.
The University has 7 faculties:
• Faculty of Built Environment
• Faculty of Education and Culture
• Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
• Faculty of Information Technology and Communication Sciences
• Faculty of Management and Business
• Faculty of Medicine and Health Technology
• Faculty of Social Sciences
The process of forming the new university, called the Tampere3 process, has been the largest structural reform of higher education in Finland in the recent years.
For more information, see the Tampere University website.