- Coastal Communities and Regional Development (MA: Master of Arts)
- Coastal and Marine Management (MRM: Master of Resource Management)
- Modular course structure, teachers from around the world
- Design your own thesis topic: subjects and advisors from all over the world
- Small groups, good access to teachers and staff
- Experience life in a rural sub-Arctic coastal community
- Field trips, company visits, and practical projects
- 120 ECTS (75 courses, 45 thesis); 18 months total length, starts in late August
Courses and thesis topics include: Community and stakeholder engagement, Arctic ocean governance, gender and equity, marine spatial planning, communicating climate change, global to local economics and policy, innovation and entrepreneurship, sustainable fisheries/aquaculture, future scenario development, education and outreach, coastal tourism, marine renewable energy and much more!
- February 15: Non-EU/EEA citizens
- April 15: EU/EEA citizens
For more information about the programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit:
Facebook Page: Coastal Studies
Instagram Account: @coastal_studies_uw
The University Centre of the Westfjords has been a member of the University of the Arctic since 2006.