The contest is open to original papers in either Russian or English, not previously published or currently under consideration at any other journal, which are based on empirical qualitative studies. Only submissions that comply with the standards of a research article will be considered.
The objective of the competition is to attract young talented scholars, help publicize results of recent research projects, contribute to new ways to analyze social processes, and find innovative uses of qualitative research methods.
The selection committee, consisting of members of the journal’s Editorial and Advisory boards, will evaluate papers based on the following criteria:
• Originality of empirical data;
• Theoretical, methodological and empirical validity of the analysis;
• The quality and depth of the analysis;
• The study’s contribution to existing discussions of the topic;
• Heuristic conclusions of the study;
• The structure, logic and style of the paper.
Submissions should be approximately 10,000 words, not counting footnotes and references.
Best articles will be published in the forthcoming issues of the journal, after having gone through the process of the double-blind peer review.
In addition, the winners will receive cash prizes.
Please send submissions with “young scholars contest” in the subject line to the journal’s managing editor, Anna Isakova at: email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is November 1, 2015.