The Barents Institute’s 2014 Stoltenberg Conference takes place from 7-8 October and will attempt to address some of these pressing questions facing local communities and polities in the Arctic region.
We accept paper abstracts within the following themes:
- sustainable mining communities;
- mining and indigenous peoples;
- mining and regional development and/or urban development;
- resource extraction and work migrations;
- gender and extractive industries;
- mining and the environment;
- mining and governance regimes.
- Author’s/Presenter’s name, affiliation, and contact information;
- Title of the paper to be presented;
- A proposed theme chosen from one of the above;
- A maximum 200-word abstract accompanied by key words.