Less than a year after the Council of the University of the Arctic (UArctic) approved of the GoNorth Program, the objectives of the program are being fulfilled mainly through the activities carried out in the two-year GoNorth! Erasmus Mundus project.
The program's Task Force Team has been substituted by a permanent program team consisting of:
• Astrid Revhaug, Chair, University of Tromsø, Norway
• Riitta Kataja, University of Oulu, Finland
• Donna Anger, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, USA
• Eystein Markusson, University Centre of Svalbard, Norway
• Ljubov D. Radnaeva, Buryat State University, Russia
• Mikkel Berg, Student representative, University of Tromsø, Norway
• Outi Snellman, University of the Arctic
All the team members, except Buryat State University, are also partners in the GoNorth! Erasmus Mundus project, thus ensuring continuity and synergies between program and project. The first task for the program team will be to apply for IPY funding with the intention of securing funding after the Erasmus Mundus project period.
The new team members extend their thanks to the Task Force Team who very successfully developed the GoNorth! program, chaired by Olav Hesjedal.
GoNorth! Kick Off Seminar Meeting Held in Tromsø
Tromsø University Takes Lead in UArctic’s Go North Program
Erasmus Mundus Goes North!