Held for the first time in the Southern Hemisphere, sessions topics for the 7th Polar Law Symposium include:
- Asian interests in polar affairs
- Polar economies and industry
- Polar marine resources
- Native peoples and human rights
- The Antarctic Treaty system
- Legal and political issues in the polar and marine environments
- International law
The keynote presenter is Professor Akiho Shibata, Kobe University, Japan. Professor Shibata’s principal research interests are international law-making processes, international environmental law and the Antarctic Treaty System. He served as a Legal Consultant of the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 2001 to 2011 and participated in several environmental treaty negotiations as a member of the Japanese delegation.
The proceedings will be published as the Yearbook of Polar Law (Nijhoff).
REGISTRATIONS: To register please visit the symposium web-pages